Monday, November 17, 2008

The Painted Veil


I'm really not sure how I missed this one? I watched this movie while I was sick in bed yesterday, and it is probably the best movie I have seen in a long time. The story was brilliant, the score was haunting, and the acting was impeccable. I totally got lost in this movie, which rarely happens.

I didn't even know this movie existed, let alone the book, which apparently was a masterpiece. I truly recommend this movie to anyone. Don't read the plot before you see it, just trust me, and watch it. It's mostly set in China, but begins in London with a shallow Brittish woman who marries a man she is not in love with to escape and spite her parents (though he is in love with her). They move to Hong Kong where he works as a microbiologist. She quickly gets bored, and that is where the movie gets exciting.
I'm still thinking about this story today.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip! I haven't seen a movie without animation in too long. I will make a point to see it!

Skye Jewelry said...

No problem! Do you have a blog Kari?

Unknown said...

Yes, karissunshine@blogspot.com